Monday, November 5, 2007

October MLS Sales-3474 Residential Closings- Up from September!

I meant to post this last Friday, but apparently it didn't save. The final sales figures from October are in, and it looks like we did better than September, albeit not by a lot, depending on whose statistics you use. According to ARMLS, there were 3474 MLS residential listings sold in October, which, using the same methodology, was significantly better than the 3090 or so that sold in September. I have seen higher numbers reported for September, something like 3400 also, but the methodology was different, and I would expect that reported number using the same methodology should be higher for October as well. The 3474 number is what I am reporting, so the sales figures have gone up a bit. I don't expect November and December to be strong months at all, and I will report pending sales tomorrow. They are both typically poor months due to the holidays, and this year is not likely to be much different. There appears at this point to be a slowdown in the pending sales for the pasts week, but at the time of this posting, many slaes that occur over the weekend have not been entered yet. I will take the measurement as of 9 pm on Monday night as I usually do.

No comments: