Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pheasant hunting on the Great Plains

Wow,

When I read articles like this, I realize this is what I miss about living in South Dakota. This was always my favorite time of year: football, waterfowl hunting and pheasant hunting following Viking games on Sunday. Groton is a small town about an hour away from where I grew up and I lived in Aberdeen for three years before moving to Arizona. It is a pheasant mecca, and from what I understand, this is a better year than most. There is very little as exciting as having a couple of roosters explode out of the grass in front of you. The noise can be just shocking if you aren't expecting it, which you never are. It is an incredible adrenaline rush, and just about as fun as actually hitting something. Anyway, I had to link this article, because I do miss hunting there.

No comments: